Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"So I, turn the radio on, I turn the radio up and this women was singing my song..."


So I didn't blog yesterday... if you didn't notice. I really just didn't feel like it. I am getting to that point where I am tired of my computer... normally by now I would be working some where. Instead, I have 3 more days until I'm on a plane to PA.

This is picture 6! Montreat in the spring is probably one of my favorite time of year up there. There are so many pretty flowers. Unfortunately I feel like it only last about two weeks and then all the flowers are gone and it is on to summer. This picture was actually taken last year in May during exams. I didn't take one this year because I already had this one... but anyway...

The song lyric of the day is from Lisa Lobe's song "Stay". Really the only reason it was picked was because that was the song playing on my iTunes when I sat down to write the blog... but I turn the radio on and turn the radio when I get in the car... maybe that can count for something.

So like I said earlier - I leave in three days. I was thinking about it last night. It is kind of weird. I really don't think it has completely sunk in yet because I can't imagine what it will be like. I have only gone to Girl Scout camp in my life. I remember the second time I went to this camp was after I was a 7th grader and it was a horse back riding camp. All I can remember about it is one of the counselors on my site yelling at me one day. I can also remember that it was not really my fault most of the time... at least I was not aware of it. I remember the counselors (I think her camp name was tic-tac, because she liked the orange ones) taking me a side and yelling at me saying that I kept doing things that I wasn't allowed to because I didn't ask permission. I remember thinking that I thought I had asked... it was all ridiculous. I also remember the huge mud fight that they all got into, but I wasn't part of that - I kinda wish I had been... But really all I can remember is getting yelled at by that one counselor like 3 or 4 times... I don't remember being that bad of a kid... there were probably worse if anything. I also remember getting yelled at because some of the girls in my cabin were not there one morning because they stayed somewhere else because they had permission... it was bad. Anyway I'm going to stop thinking about this now, kind of depresses me. Elizabeth and I were talking last night on facebook. We came to the conclusion that we really don't know what to expect - at all, which is making packing increasingly difficult. So this summer is going to be... well entertaining to say the least.

Ha ha. So I said last time that I would talk about this past semester some more. The picture on the right is a picture of Dane, David, and Ashleigh... and probably my favorite our potluck dinner. I have to say that our apt is not that big... but some how we crammed about fifty people into the house... it was insane. The only problem was we came up with the pot luck thing a little late... not to mention that we didn't truly start inviting people until the day of. It was entertaining... That wasn't the best idea. We really should have planned better. Basically it got to the point that we didn't really know whether or not we could actually feed everyone that was coming. Most people that we invited last minute we did the whole please come even if you don't have food we understand... that made my roommates leave me in the middle of a party in our housAnd I don't know how many of you know this, but once a week I tend to burn something in the kitchen... usually just the stove would catch fire, but still they left me by myself with a bunch of people and then one of them called someone at the party to tell me to tell me to make more spaghetti... So I don't know really what I do but i put water in the pot and I sat it on the stove. I swear like ten minutes went by and the water was still not boiling. I had two guys in a row tell the me that a watched pot never boils... so I got fed up and left the kitchen for a while. I came back in and still nothing... finally realized I hadn't turned on the stove... two minutes after that one of the guys that told me that a watched pot doesn't boil came back to the kitchen and said "did you turn on the stove..." To say the least the party was pretty awesome and I can't wait to get back next year and hopefully do it again... but instead have people actually bring things... or at least contribute some how.

I need to get ready for dinner, but have a lovely night!

No comments:

Post a Comment