So, session one is done. There were times when I was doing a good job, and times when I was doing a not so good job, but that is ok because it makes me realize that I'm not perfect. The past two days the girls have been pretty awful. I just want to throw them into the lake or something...
I'm not sure how well I explained what goes on here at camp. Each of the cabins for the junior girls (the unit that I am working with) has 4 counselors two on each side and up to 16 kids. (So each pair of counselors have 8 kids.) We sleep in the same room as the girls because if something happens (like a fight) we have to be in the room. The camp provides sheets, blankets, and pillows for all the girls which is super awesome, I think. The first or second night one of the girls on the other side of the cabin ran outside to the porch naked screaming something like "Here I am boys." Now just so you know the girls and guys do not mix very often because it just isn't good, so there are not suppose to be boys on girls hill ever. However, we have the occasional maintenance man or random male counselor waking up to where the cars are parked/gym/farm, but other than that they shoudln't be there.
I work with the 7-9 group... most of the ones this week were 8. The camp director told us that we needed to make sure that no one was peeing in the bed and things like that so that they aren't sleeping in all of that mess. I was really thinking that we wouldn't have any because ther are 8, I think they know by then not to pee in the bed... however, the last two nights of this week my side had the same person wet the bed twice, and I'm pretty sure that she was one of the oldest ones in our group. So at 3 am Miss Marisa (my co-counselor) had to wake up to change the sheets for the girl who was sleeping above me... than the last night we are pretty sure that she peed in there again. Also the group on the otherside of the cabin had 2 or 3 bed wetters in the same night... it was so weird. Perhaps some of the reason is because we weren't being as nice on those last couple of days because they would not listen... at all.
We also had a lot of attitude problems the whole week. For Miss Elizabeth and Miss Ashley's group (the other side of the cabin) they started with two or three and it just progressed to all of them. On my side there were two that had attitude almost all the time. The biggest problem with my side was they always needed to go to the bathroom or the nurse. There was actually one"fight" that broke out between two of the girls because one of them accidentally kicked the other one when she was putting on her shoe and the girl that got kicked punched her in the back. That was not okay with me. I really almost threw the girl out the cabin after that. Last night one of my girls thought she was going to die because she got bit by a bug and would not sleep in here bed... that to make it better I told here that we could switch and she took that to mean that she could sleep in my sleeping bag... I almost flipped out. I probably did a little bit because again she didn't listen to me when I asked her to get out from underneath my covers. Also at 4 am she wakes me up because she is freaking out because she thinks that there is a bug on her... after I got her back in bed about 20 mins laters she screams again because apparently something is on here pillow... then I got her to sleep on the couch with a different pillow because she wouldn't go back in the room... finally she walked back in the room. I do not like being woken up...
I need to head to bed, but to those who have been sending me stuff thank you so much! I love getting mail! I will try to write some more letters tonight before I go to bed. My day off this week is Monday, hopefully this time I can update you guys on what is happening in session 2!
Oh, also Shout Out to MONTREAT! Because my mom is there this week and I'm sad that I'm not.
No comments:
Post a Comment